August 15, 2003

Life's a song

---and then the hero comes along---
Many people say that Antonio Trillanes IV is a smart man. But after the failed mutiny attempt, many seem to doubt his intelligence. With evidence popping out from nowhere, the future seems bleak for this top dog.

And then we insert a probable but highly doubtful... WHAT IF ANGLE.

The current evidence consists of: diskettes containing the coup plan found in Oakwood, a photograph of Senator Gringo Honasan in the secret meeting with the conspirators, a bunch of IDs and military gear found in a house owned by Estrada and some other few tidbits. The military intelligence are now delving into an issue where the mutineers used Senator Tessie Oreta's house as a meeting place.

Looking at the evidence, it seems dumb for any of the co-mutineers to take a picture of their secret meeting. It also seems stupid to store top secret official files in diskettes and leaving gear inside an easily suspected official's house. Trillanes seems to be lacking that intelligence everyone was raving about. BUT....

What if one day, when Trillanes is nearing the point of no return, he admits everything including the meetings with the Estrada clan, Honasan, Oreta and probably a few more from the opposition? Later, when he, his co-mutineers and those opposition senators are about to be sentenced, Trillanes admits planting the evidence the government has to enable the military to track down this heinous deed that they were doing. This move wipes out a number of the opposition, and probably he gets off with a presidential pardon considering he helped out in solving the question of who were the masterminds behind this attempted coup. He now becomes a "hero" since he was able to give the government evidence that the government has been looking for a long time against these people. It would even help ending the long-postponed Estrada trial. It's Trillanes "Get Out of Jail" card, and thus proving that he is indeed a smart guy.

----show me your love----
Ever since Jen pretended? to get angry at me, I've been thinking a lot lately about my so called life. Even though I don't show it, I've been feeling a lot alone lately as if my circle of friends are losing circumference. Come to think of it, I can only count a handful of people whom I consider to be real friends, the ones I can go to in times of need, even give up my life for them. The rest are fading away into the circle known as acquaintances. I know their name, but I feel that that's about all I know. And like I said before, a name cannot be written or pronounced, only lived. I can't feel their name living in me. And I can't feel my name living in them. Am I doing something wrong that I feel like being sucked into the Little Prince world where nothing exists except me and the planet I'm standing on? Am I becoming faceless like my username in Atenista.net where I'm known only as a moderator? Sometimes, I feel that the only thing making me happy now is work. But, I don't want to become like Maricel Soriano in Mano Po whose life is centered on work alone.

---it's not a perfect world---
The saying, "you can't please everybody" sometimes bugs me. On a positive note, it shows that we are unique individuals. On the other hand, it also implies that someone out there really is annoyed by your existence. I'm a person who doesn't like enemies, and always sees the good of a person first. It hurts a lot to see some of whom I see as friends and treat as brothers turn their backs on you just because they believed in some misleading concepts.

---more to life---
I think I got it all, yet I feel so deprived. I feel that I've been chasing a temporary high to another one lately just to keep myself happy. I know that there is more to life than that. I'm searching for something that's missing. If anyone can help me find that other part of life, please feel free to share comments below. I'll accept all notes & suggestions, private or public, all major credit cards, check or COD. :)

Note to self: Jerome is trouble. I got semi-busted in Philo class because of him. My so-called friends must be laughing at me by now.

Music:
Stacie Orrico - More to Life
Mood:
Confused

No comments: