It begins with one
The badminton reunion with my Accenture batchmates got cancelled at the very last minute on Friday. If the organizer backs out, more often than not, it will not push through. We were left in the dark, and only he knows what had happened. No reasons were given, no options were handed out. A couple of my batchmates were suddenly sending instant messages trying to find out what happened and if it will still go on. I believe this is a bit unfair to all of those who wanted to go, and have been waiting eagerly for two weeks only to find out that everything we've prepared for went up in smoke.
If ever it did push through, I do not know how I will get there considering that I do not have the slightest idea where the place is. I was supposed to tag along with the organizer, but since he backed out without reason, I'm technically backed out as well.
It begins with practice
Since the reunion didn't push through, I decided to play bowling instead to practice for my upcoming tournament within my project. Judging by the way I played, that wasn't even an inkling of what I want to do in the tournament. Luckily, this was just practice. I still went above my average, barely. I even scored a 93. That will not cut it as the team captain of my group. I would like to think that I am one, if not the best in my group since the organizers made me team captain, and they know all of the averages of all who have joined.
I really, really need to know how to get those spares. My first ball's ok, but if I ever want to put up a high score, I must manage to knock down those easy spares. Yesterday, I failed in that category.
My right arm's killing me right now. I played four straight games of bowling, and my arm got so tired, that I switched to a 10 pound ball in the latter parts instead of the 11 I often use.
I still couldn't control my throws though. My mother pointed out that whenever I throw, it's always different from my previous ones. I need to learn how to stick with one throw, and live or die with it. At least, if I throw it correctly, hit my arrow with that same throw, I can guarantee that it will yield good results.
Well, I'll practice again sometime this week to correct all these problems. Hopefully, by the time the tournament comes around, I could lead my team to victory.
It begins with reunions
I spent the night with my family and relatives eating in Pantalan, a place near Manila Bay. It was the last time I'll see my uncle and aunt again in a while, so they decided to have a get-together in this said place. It was the first time I've ever been there, and the ambiance was nice. There was a soft breeze that cooled the atmosphere, there was a group of musicians playing different requested songs, there were fireworks from afar, the food (fried rice, ribs, chicken, fresh fish, shrimp & fruits, and more) was great that even their hot calamansi juice was heaven.
I also played one game of chess with my younger cousin, and though I managed to win via checkmate, I must commend that he's getting real better in this game. Plus, he's also accepting losses unlike before. He's growing up. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment