January 23, 2006

Don't rely on text messaging

Text messaging, it may bring convenience to the everyday life of a person, but in my case yesterday, miscommunication reigned over.

While I was heading home via MRT, I saw how late it was, then I feared that I might not be able to reach the Megatren on time, I texted my driver to pick me up in Cubao instead. Right afterwards, I texted again saying that it seemed like I'm going to make it, and changed it back to Santolan. I even called him to make sure, and indicated to fetch me in Santolan. I sent him another one afterwards saying that I'm on the Megatren heading to Santolan.

But he received/read the order of my texts wrong, he saw the Santolan message, then he received my call, and got my Cubao message afterwards. His phone died so he didn't receive my latter text messages. So I was stuck in Santolan, not knowing whether to wait for him or commute via public transpo back home. He was in Cubao waiting too.

I was worried that something bad has happened to him, or got arrested for parking in a non-parking zone because there was a long pink fence in front of the Megatren Santolan station (a bad bad move by MMDA if you ask me because it made life for passengers a living hell by forcing them to take the FXs they have there --- you expect to take an FX when your house is like 7 minutes away?)

Luckily, all things panned out, and he came back to Santolan just as I was about to look for a jeep to ride home since it was nearing an hour since I arrived in the station. My legs hurt from all the walking back and forth, searching for the car, but all's well that ends well.

No comments: