January 09, 2006

Fish Tycoon

My PS2s not been working correctly for the past couple of weeks so I couldn't continue my season/GM mode for Smackdown Vs Raw 2006, and play the other games I have in my room. For some reason, my PS2 just stops spinning the disc at random intervals, so I have to shake the unit every now and then to keep it running.

So to pass the time while I'm resting, I play this new game called Fish Tycoon. It's very addicting once you get the hang of it. It runs in real time, so when I get home later, I'm sure my fish have grown or died, gone hungry, had babies, sickness, whatever. You feed the fish, get them pregnant, cure their sickness and more.

What's more, you get to crossbreed a lot of fish, trying to find out the right combination for the rare breeds and the I think, 7 magical breeds like the magical fish of sustenance, the magical fish of fertility and so on that will help you in the course of the game.

Of course, you get to sell the fish, and earn money to buy more supplies for your tank like rare fish eggs, ornaments, temperature regulator, chemicals, and other aquarium stuff. The game also tracks down your statistics like how many hours you've played, how many fish you've trashed because of death, how many you've managed to cure, how many breeds you've gotten and so on. You can compare your stats to other people's stats online too to see how well you are doing.

I would've liked a bit more depth to the game, like interacting more with the customers (I could trick people into buying a sick fish, which in reality, shouldn't happen especially if they see a huge fungal growth on the side of the fish), setting up your own advertising, a crossbreed checklist, and other stuff, but hopefully, they come up with a second version to this interesting game.

No comments: