January 13, 2006

Plan a trip, crazy things happen

Migs Cortez (anagram: Gizmo Crest), Denise Decena (anagram: A scene, indeed :)) and I were trying to arrange a trip on one of these weekends via conference in Yahoo!. Denden suggested that we try to take the Pied Piper of Manila tours in Intramuros. I got the schedules from Carlos Celdran's (the Pied Piper of Manila) blog and we had several options available. Tours available were in Intramuros, North Bank, Chinatown, CCP, Cubao, and Bangkal, Makati.

Then, it dawned upon us that we don't know how to get there, well at least to the meeting point.

Migs disappeared for a while due to unknown reasons, Denden soon followed due to work. Everything became quiet.

Suddenly, Migs explained that he ate a taco salad, then disappeared again. Denden asked where he went, and I said, "Probably, the taco salad ate him."

Migs returned and explained that there was an emergency regarding licensing with some electronic components. Denden commented that the emergency was about extracting him from the taco salad that ate him. Then I explained that the taco salad is composed of different components, meat, tomatoes, etc. Denden then provided a very detailed explanation on what happened, problems what happened with the licensing of the meat in the taco, etc. etc. (Dang, I wished I'd kept a soft copy of that conversation)

Methinks, we weirded Migs out to the point that he said our weirdness complimented (note the I.) each other. Here comes Denden to the English language rescue, and immediately pointed out that it should be an E (complemented), and I agreed. Migs disappeared again afterwards.

I told Denise that I had to go to my eye doctor in a short while to have a checkup. Then we shared little eye anecdotes in our lives. She started wearing glasses since Grade 3, while I had mine a little later around that time also (between Grade 3 & Grade 4) Stories like: I feared that when I had my corneal ulcer, that I would go blind on one eye, she, as she's getting older, eyesight getting worse, etc.

It was a very interesting conversation. Here's to more weirdness in the future.

I love being weird.

No comments: