I dropped by the Placement Office for a while just to say hello, and see how things are flowing post-Milo-era. I got an Accenture zipper envelope bag too.
Then Migs and I were off to Galleria, where we first ate pizza in Magoo's and played billiards afterwards. It started off real close, then the Strickland instincts began to kick in, and ended the game 6-2 with a crazy finish to boot. I was aiming for the 4-ball to hit the 5 ball which will then hit the 8 ball to shoot it in the top left corner pocket. For some reason, and I didn't even catch what happened because I was focused on that shot, the nine-ball crawled into the top-right pocket.
We had coffee in Nescafe, and I had a hot cup of Raspberry Truffle Latte. Pretty good tasting coffee, couldn't imagine it was only Nescafe. I wanted more, but let my money sense talk me out of it.
We then played NBA 2K6 for two hours in Galleria. I beat him in all the games, and there were quite a number of memorable moments there like:
1. Jason Collier (rest his soul) scored 24 points in 6 minutes.
2. DJ Mbenga was showcasing his dribbling skills, then suddenly McGrady swiped the ball to make a dunk on the other end.
3. Steve Nash got hot in the last quarter, scoring threes all over the place.
4. Zaza Pachulia and Ha Seung-Jin were both the best players in the game for their respective games and teams.
We ate afterwards in Chowking, then went to my house for Migs' supposed revenge in 2K6. I still beat him this time around, but I must admit that he was getting better like he usually does when we play basketball games in PS2.
I finally managed to give him my Christmas gift, a pink shirt with the sentence "Real Men wear pink" in front. Cheers to you, MiguEL!
Next week, I look forward to the badminton games and quite possibly, a few billiard or bowling games with my batchmates in Accenture. It's our monthly reunion, and I'm sure it's going to be fun, and maybe a bit tear-jerking here and there. :)
I hope my cough is already cured by then. It's been two weeks already.
No comments:
Post a Comment