I've been practicing every week since I officially joined the bowling tournament. Aside from the pressure of being the team captain, my teammate Rain has put a lot of trust in my capabilities. She repeatedly pranced to my cube the past two days, asked me when our team practice will be, and said that we'll win because of me in her cute voice and kid-like (not childish) mannerisms.
Shucks, how could I let such a person who has placed all faith in my capabilities down? Plus, she's also been practicing every week as well. I'm such a sucker for cute ladies with kid-like mannerisms. I have to practice and focus more. I mustn't let her down.
Earlier, I practiced on my own. It was so obvious that I felt the pressure to do well. My grip was tight, I kept on repeating the same mistake, and almost came to the point that I was almost ready to give up after seeing that 102 flash on the monitor. My personal goal is to consistently get a 150 or above, and so far, I haven't reached that. At least with a 150, that's 1/2 of 300, and quite difficult to accomplish for amateurs that it almost guarantees a spot in the finals (that is of course if my team also plays well).
I've been bowling for the past three Saturdays already, albeit still inconsistent. I haven't been reaching my goal yet, but there are glimpses of brilliance in my part. I still need to work on getting that spare, as it usually is my worse enemy in bowling. I knock 9 down, leaving one single pin in the corner, and have my second ball run down the gutter in an attempt to hit it.
--------
Bowling practices [remember, my low average is 105, high is 115] :)
1/14: 126, 135, 110 = avg. 124
1/21: 124, 116, 93, 124 = avg. 114
1/28: 105, 102, 115, 131, 91, 143 = avg. 115
----------------------
Average Total: 117
Average Goal: 150
Still playing along my average... a long way to go, more practice needed. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment