July 30, 2003

There's such a thing as a free lunch

THIS IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT BY SOME LUCKY GUY

Is your relationship costing you a fortune? Is your wallet burning from overuse? If you get my book "There's Such a Thing as a Free Lunch", you can still give your loved one little treats to keep her happy.

These situations come straight from my book:

1) FREE CHOCOLATES: Have a group in your class do a presentation about Chapter 4 of Fr. Arcilla's history book. Let them do a gimmick about barter using different types of chocolate as representations of livestock, gold coins etc. Let them group you into five. When they ask you to trade your chocolates with the other groups, single out your favorite chocolate and try to get more of that type. If unsuccessful, get your share of the chocolate in your group. When the bell rings, ask them if you could have the extra chocolate left in their basket. Since they do not want to bring a heavy load back home, they will surely give you some. If you want more, help them a bit in fixing the place up. Afterwards, ask again. Just like magic, more chocolate. Now you have the perfect gift for your loved one.

2) FREE ICED TEA TETRAPACKS: Go to a G.A. of your organization. Make sure that your organization has a sponsor whose product involves iced tea. Pack a lot of members in a small room so that the members would not fully listen to the presentation and the announcements regarding the free stuff. Wait patiently until the presentors release you all. When a few members are left, search for an unopened box of iced tea and PR the heck out of the president. Just like before, since he doesn't want to bring a heavy load back to the organization room, he'll give you the box full of tetrapacks home. Now you can treat your beloved to a drink!

So what are you waiting for? Get the book now!

(all things said in this advertisement are not necessarily the overall view of the blog's author)

-------------cut here---------------

Seriously, I got a pack full of chocolates (plus a small golden pig and barrel) from History class and a small box of Mentos Cool Chews and a heavy box of 24 raspberry iced tea tetrapacks from my COSA GA earlier. That was a lot of free things for one day. DELISH!

I heard Mass earlier in the Church of the Gesu. It was nice to spend sometime with God along with the rest of the Christian/Atenean community. I went alone though. Luckily, I met Marley and Lani in there and we kept each other company.

I'm really enjoying Gail Kim's matches. She had a match with Val Venis against Victoria and Steven Richards. Wow, you should've seen her go! I think she has the most cruiserweight moves I've ever seen in a woman in WWE. Before, I commented on her lack of speed. But now, she has really improved in that aspect. *She heard me! :)*

When I first saw Kiss' "Because I'm A Girl" video, I instantly fell in love with it. The song was haunting (even if you don't understand Korean), and the video would really affect you emotionally. I watched it again today to understand the video better (mainly because I didn't catch the reason why the guy got blind in the end). After analyzing the entire video, wow, it still gave me the chills and still felt like I watched it only for the first time. And yeah, I found out the reason why the guy went blind.

Throw away any music video now, this is my choice for best video. STRONGLY RECOMMENDED! YOU WON'T GO WRONG HERE! And it's not Chinese or anything related to F4 or 5566!


Because I'm a Girl - Kiss
Translated into English from Korean

"I just cant understand the hearts of men
they tell you they want you and then they leave you
this is the first time, you're special
I believed those words and I was so happy

you should have told me you didn't like me any more
but I couldn't see that and you just rushed me
although I will curse you I'll still miss you
since I am a girl, to whom love is everything

i heard that if you give up things too easily
to a man, he will get bored with you
i don't think this is wrong
a girl says that she will never be fooled again
but she will fall in love again

you should have told me you didn't like me any more
but I couldn't see that and you just rushed me
although I will curse you I'll still miss you
since I am a girl, to whom love is everything

[spoken]
Hey babe
the pain
it's not enough to describe how i feel
we were so happy together
but I know now
I've been blind
you told me that you'd never let me down
whenever I needed you you'd always be here
I can forgive but I cant forget
even though you hurt me
I still love you
I still love you

don't take advantage of a girl's willingness to do anything for love
and her caring instinct
i didn't know that to be born as a girl and to be loved was so hard
although i will curse you i'll still miss you
since i am a girl, to whom love is everything
although i will curse you i'll still miss you
since i am a girl, to whom love is everything



Music:
Kiss - Because I'm A Girl
Mood:
Joyous

No comments: