February 06, 2006

Uno Fan


Ever since I bought my first copy (the one with Amanda Griffin on the cover) a couple of weeks ago, I have been hooked to this magazine. I have around less than 10 copies right now.

Yes, it has its share of bikini-clad beauties, but I am impressed that it has far more content and deeper topics discussed than what the other magazines have to offer. It is indeed, as the celebrities who agreed to pose for the magazine said, a classy magazine compared to the more popular almost-softporn ones. No wonder they manage to have celebrities like Anne Curtis and Karel Marquez on their covers, stars who are not known to show off skin for money ala Aleck Bovick, Maui Taylor and the Viva Hotbabes.

Uno magazine wipes away the notion that men think only of girls, sex and booze like what the Man Show insinuates. Rather, it delves into health, fitness, dating tips, relationship matters, fashion, cooking, some philosophical babble, and other stuff. It's an amalgam of articles which would help you in your daily life. No "How to make your schlong longer" or "Best sexual positions in bed" with matching photos here. Their articles are better fit to the well-rounded man, not the sex-starved animal. Yes, it is a clean magazine that you won't even be ashamed to show your parents or hide from your girlfriend. If you are expecting to see FHM style of photography here, you'll be severly disappointed.

Probably, it's the reason why they were awarded the most outstanding magazine for men.

No comments: