February 13, 2006

Bowling Alley Hopping: Makati Cinema Square

It's the day that I've been practicing for, the bowling tournament in our project.

Meet my new baby, Go Miracle. It's a second-hand, 11 pounder ball with a blue and white cloud-like design. Perfect for its name.


My dad had this made during lunch time today, and I picked it up later in the evening in time for the bowling tournament.

Everything was crazy, especially for our lane. Everyone was noisy, cheering or jeering players. The lanes suddenly had a defect where their pin resetter got cracked, and the screens suddenly went out intermittently. This happened so much that our game got delayed a long time that we finished past 11:00 pm. The other teams had been long gone and we were still playing.

I got really pressured being the team captain, having my own equipment, having to adjust to the new ball and my teammate constantly reminding me of these that I couldn't get my groove on early in the match. My first game went haywire. I scored only 82, the second lowest in my team's scores for that game, very disappointing since my average nowadays is 105. I got really frustrated with myself for getting such a low score.

But in my second game, the power started to kick in. Go Miracle's miracles started clicking, and after the dust had settled and the technical problems got fixed, I finished the second game with a commanding 158, my highest in recent memory. It also helped that I was more focused and relaxed this time around.

My team played really good in my opinion. We went near and over 600 in our two games, thus reaching my set goal for the team. I love my team. We kept on improving and improving. We had a very interesting mixture of players, and it made the game more enjoyable.


I hope we get into the next round.

No comments: