February 09, 2006

Fighting in the Three Kingdoms Era

When you've grown sick of it, leave it be, then play it again in the future.

Repetitive gameplay makes Dynasty Warriors quite a boring game, but its addicting nature comes from the fact that it is easy to pick up and learn, and the strategy that you wish to employ when trying to fend off hundreds off enemies on screen by your lonesome.

I've been playing Dynasty Warriors 5: Xtreme Legends recently, and I must say that I love the Xtreme Mode. As you are given only a few minutes to complete the stage, you are pressed to find out the way on how to finish the stage without sacrificing the number of points that you can get along the way to help you in the harder battles ahead.

My first character, Milo, was developed in the Dynasty Mode where you start off as a lowly peasant and you try to make your way up to be the general of your chosen force. There are a few storyline branches ahead, and the multitude of weapons you can pick up and use for your character is great. My character finally ended up using an upgraded version of the Peacock Talon. It sucks though that he has moves that make him look gay.

I'm currently using Zou Ci while playing the Xtreme Mode. I tell you, Zou Ci is one broken character. If powered up, he is deadly in all aspects. I wonder how far am I able to take him.

No comments: