I treated all my comrades and instructors at work to different flavors of pocket pies. It was interesting to know that in that room, one of my classmates had her birthday on May 30, one of the instructors on the 31st, and I today. I had to go through oceans to get those pies (it rained pretty hard, and all streets turned into oceans), and almost came in late due to the slow service in Jollibee. However, the birthday spirit took over, and granted me enough strength to complete the case today in COBOL in a short amount of time. I believe I placed second or third today in that case study, a fine feat, considering that I am a fine arts student among the sea of computer science graduates.
My phone was bombarded with birthday greetings, more on the unknown number side. I found out that my sister broadcasted this occasion to her friends, and they spammed my phone. I was wondering all day who these people are, but it was nice knowing that a lot of people cared, even those I do not know. Care for "the other" ala Levinas.
No comments:
Post a Comment