Marion Raven has a concert tonight along with Kitchie Nadal. I have her album, and listened to her new set of songs, but I do not have a ticket for her concert. Sadly, this Ravenitis I have must go without treatment.
However, I envision that if ever I had a ticket, I would be the one of the few who went there to see Marion Raven and sing along with her. I see that it would turn out to be a Kitchie Nadal concert more than a Marion Raven one even if it was publicized that way. Kitchie is way more popular now than Marion Raven here in the Philippines. Marion's newest single, "End of Me" has not even broken the top 20 of the MYX hit chart while Kitchie's "Same Ground" keeps playing around with the top 5.
I miss Marion Raven, and even Marit Larsen as well. I remember back then when I battled against thousands of people, and endured the pain just to watch M2M in Megamall and in the World Trade Center. I am still a fan of M2M, and even the new rocker chick style of Marion as well.
Probably, if I am just not too exhausted from working 8 hours and enduring traffic for more than 2 hours per day, I would do it over again. However, your daddy is getting older now, and the energy is not as up there as I want to be.
I hope she will be back again, and have another album in the future. To tell you the truth, I am actually worried that this album would not fare as well as her M2M days since it sports an extreme rock make-over for Marion. Considering that their second album as M2M took a rock approach and backed up with a lot of praises from the critics did not fare as well as their first bubbly-pop sounding one, this new rocker-chick image might not suit her. Plus, with all the competition around, especially from the likes of Kelly Clarkson and Avril Lavigne, her album might get lost in the wave of rocker-chicks flooding the music industry.
I hope the charts prove me wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment