Sometimes, life just surprises you with little treats throughout the day. Maybe, it's God's way of saying that he's always there taking care of his people.
A little surprise
It has been two days since my birthday, but the surprises just keep on coming. My mom handed me a memory card for the PS2, saying that it was part of the gifts for my birthday. I found out that my sister suggested that it was something that I would use, so they got one for me. At least now, I would not need to erase my previous save data in my other memory cards. Now if I could find time to play...
Time waits
We all woke up late today. As a result, I got crammed in a MRT train and had to practically run from the Ayala Station to GT tower. Somehow, I arrived there exactly on time, maintaining my clean record. At least, nature didn't challenge me this time by sending her little drops of blessings down on the earth.
Case dismissed
I was expecting a tougher case today since the instructor warned us yesterday about the third case. However, they decided that there will be no case study for today. That was a relief, considering that yesterday, it took me like seven hours just to do one measly program.
The A-Team
And Milo Best was born. After the instructor divided us into five teams, our team christened itself "Milo Best", and named me team lead. Crazy. We had a team-building activity afterwards where we got to know each other through a game of charades. Milo Best, Mane's Angels, Accenture Bugs, Stop Run, and Mga Kawawang COBOL competed for the first in a series of competitions in this training program.
The given topic was cartoon characters, and I was chosen by my team to represent us in the game. While they acted the word out, I was the one who was supposed to guess what the character they portrayed.
After a slow start, Milo Best barged its way through the gate and caught up with the leader Mga Kawawang Cobol, surpassed them and never looked back. At the end of the game, Milo Best outlasted everyone by a slim three-point margin over second-placers Mga Kawawang COBOL and Accenture Bugs.
I guess never letting go of the kid inside me has its perks.
The Highlight
Our lunch-out together with my Atenean friends pushed through. Denise Decena, whom I missed dearly since I last saw her some time in March where I helped her pack her stuff out of Eliazo, and Migs Cortez, my best buddy in college and new-worker in Makati.
We planned this thing since I believe the 25th of May. Through the wonders of technology, texting made this event happen. I remember the short conversation with Denise through text. She learned that I was having a tough time at work, and she encouraged me that, in her own words, "Kayang kaya yan."Thanks, Denise. I owe you one. I learned about her workplace, work hours and probably possibilities of get-togethers in the future.
When Denise arrived, I must admit that I almost did not recognize her at first. I cannot put my finger on why it happened. I was really caught off-guard with something about her, probably something about the way she looked that day. It took me a second to realize that it was Denden before my eyes. I must have really looked stupid that moment, cause I was startled when someone called my name there even if I was expecting her. She just looked lovely in her business attire.
Migs arrived a few minutes after, flaunting his casual wear like it was a rose among the thorns of our business attires. I actually envy him, being able to wear anything he wants to work, while I have to deal with being formal all the time. It gets hot especially during summertime.
I treated them to lunch that day as a mini birthday blow-out to my dearest of friends. Kuwentuhan to the MAX, and an hour together seemed too short for us. I really love those guys. It never gets boring when they are around.
I wish them the best of luck in their careers. I hope that there are many get-togethers in the near future.
Flight
All the lectures and class discussions ended early, so we were given free time to do whatever we want. In this rare opportunity, I bonded with my first buddies at work through this Einstein puzzle where you had to guess where each nationality lived in what house color, drank what beverage, owned what pet and smoked what cigarettes. We never got to finish it though, since when working hours were over, we wanted to get out of GT Tower immediately to enjoy...
Friday!!!
I never thought I would say this after graduating, but I really thank God if it is Friday. After 40 hours of brain-crunching calculations, logic and staring blankly at a computer screen, I need some time to relax, and be a kid again.
No comments:
Post a Comment