April 30, 2004

Reliving

I knew I lost my stamina ever since first year college. Unlike in my grade school and high school days where I usually headed straight for the covered courts and played basketball with our team, "The Dismissal Boys" =p, I rarely played basketball in college due to hectic schedules and health problems. Back then, I could last for four hours without stopping and gasping for breath.

Yesterday, I managed to play basketball once more, one game in the high-school covered courts, another in the college covered courts. I never thought I could still run up and down the basketball court in two five-on-five games just like the old days. Sure, I still got tired during the stretch, but at least I was able to keep up with the pace. Even though I only scored one basket in the first game, and none in the second game, I didn't regret it. My offense may have shown that I'm not skilled enough to play basketball, but my defense said otherwise. Like my buddy Migs pointed out, I played like Bruce Bowen of the Spurs.

I injured myself during the second game. I pulled a leg muscle when I went around a screen and jumped up to try and block a shot. It is still a bit stiff now, but it doesn't bother me that much.

No comments: