March 31, 2004 -- In a day where the Philippines was covered by ten layers of wool blankets, I accompanied Migs to his commercial auditions in a nicotine-and-perfume aerated studio of Unitel. Along the way back to his home, we treated ourselves to Coke floats, a cloud nine haven in a sixteen ounce cup. The radio, however, left us with a bad aftertaste , as it reported on the recent John Osmena case regarding "raping" a call boy.
We'll fly like a bird / In a scattered cloudy sky / Leave aside the city worries / It's just a minute away
In the evening, we arrived in the Communications Department in Ateneo to meet with Migs' friends, Cielo, Jim, and Eddie. We got a little delayed in our Eastwood dinner because we had to wait for somebody in Marilou's film showing class. However, the wasted time didn't matter as we had a great time in Fazzoli's. I had generous servings of Italian chicken, flavored rice, and glasses of lemonade. After that, Migs' friends had a smoke and San Mig lights. I got offered a bottle, and cigs, but clean, little I, refused. Weakness? I think not. We finished the evening with a restful stay in Seattle's Best in Katipunan. I capped the night with a chocoload of Brownie Javakula and a triple chocolate muffin.
Quote of the night: "He has more issues than Time magazine."
In my heart, I'll paint a picture / And I swear, it's where I'll be
April 1, 2004 -- When we got to Celebrity, the billiards place was still closed so we opted to play basketball in Ayala Heights instead. Due to my "near-the-end-of-school" sickness, I haven't played basketball for over a month. It showed, as my first attempts in shooting the three-ball, my forte, avoided the ring. But later on, my guiding system got fixed, and I was making threes as easy as fixing a sandwich. I still got to work on my stamina and my mid-range jumper though, especially if the 4-J IAC plan falls into place next year.
I shall be there / Will you be there / I shall be there / Will you be there too?
Around six in the evening, we met up with Jen and friends at Shakey's in Powerplant. They treated us with peperroni pizza. Jen asked me to close my eyes as she brought out her surprise present for me. F4 girls would be envious, as she gave me a F4 umbrella, two sheets of F4 stickers, and a Vic Zhou bathware set. Everything cannot be bought in the Philippines. When I did her website, I wasn't asking for anything in return, so I was speechless when she presented me with these items as a gesture of thanks.
Oh yeah, and we passed Eddie Gil's official headquarters along the way there. Cool.
Come and look in silence / Believe in what you see
After having a banana smoothie, we watched The Passion of the Christ. Wow. Now, I understand why that Houston person confessed his crimes after watching the movie. Very powerful movie, in both graphic, and symbolic terms. You will wince in pain, and will leave the theaters speechless.
There are several questions in the film that asks us, the viewers, to answer.
We stopped by in Seattle's Best and analyzed the movie, and conversed about other less important things.
----
What was with the Satan and the baby?
To quote from Mel Gibson, "It's evil distorting what's good. What is more tender and beautiful than a mother and a child? So the Devil takes that and distorts it just a little bit. Instead of a normal mother and child you have an androgynous figure holding a 40-year-old 'baby' with hair on his back. It is weird, it is shocking, it's almost too much—just like turning Jesus over to continue scourging him on his chest is shocking and almost too much, which is the exact moment when this appearance of the Devil and the baby takes place."
The starry skies can move the mountains / The sun will warm the sea
And to think the surprises would stop there. Along the way back to Migs' house, I severely missed Bea, so I texted her, and soon, we were exchanging messages. Migs got a bit hungry so we decided to stop by Select. However, there was no parking space so we opted to search for one. Yellow Cab had no parking space, and so we ended up in Seattle's Best. (SBC should pay me for plugging their place over and over in this entry =p)
While we were headed for the parking lot behind SBC, Migs, to our surprise, saw Bea with a friend inside the place. When we got there, I hugged Bea tightly; I missed her so much since we didn't get to see each other much during third year due to our contrasting schedules and the abundance of work. I never expected her to be around Katipunan as she usually was in her home in Alabang during summer. Even though I didn't get to converse that much with Bea because she had a friend over, and we were seated in a different place, just to see her was enough for me. To celebrate a truly great day, I had hot chocolate and a triple chocolate muffin.
We never planned to go to SBC in the first place. It was as if fate,destiny or whatever you want to call it was leading us to SBC to meet Bea.
In my heart, I'll paint a picture / And I swear, it's where I'll be
April 2, 2004 -- Lunch buffet for 190, delish and cheap! The "create-your-own" Halo-halo really hit the spot. We, then, went to Celebrity to play billiards. At first, my game was in tandem with my NBA team, Houston earlier (they got beaten by the Lakers) as I dropped the first two racks in a race to four. However, I won the next four to win it 4-2.
The way I came back from the deficit, I felt, was fulfilling (A perfect positional shot, a difficult long cut shot, and I forgot the other one). But, the final rack had took away the feeling of victory as a wrong shot by Migs accidentally placed the nine-ball in the mouth of the pocket, the one-ball, only a short distance away with ball-in-hand. This enabled me to finish the rack with an easy 1-9 combination, just my first shot after my break. It's a victory, it extends my winning streak, and I'll take it, but it doesn't have that fulfilling, "I won because I made that happen" essence in the end.
I shall be there / Will you be there / I shall be there / Will you be there too?
Thank you God.
No comments:
Post a Comment