April 16, 2004

Free

After two hours of splicing tracks from different CD's yesterday, Jen's EP is done. Two copies now exist. AND, you won't get any pirated versions from me peeps. No P2P sending or whatever. Support her guys.

Its cover and the mass production are still in the works.

And philosophers, and other people would smite me that I'm doing all of these, site and all, gratis et amore. Every now and then, I hear, "You should get paid for this", "That's an amazing website, and you are doing this for free?", "Milo, you've been spending all this time creating the site, and you're not asking for anything in return?" and other money-in-mind comments.

My only answer to these people is, "She's a friend of mine," hoping that this simple sentence would make them clam up and think. Just to see her happy is enough thanks for me.

Maybe, in the future if I have more clients, but not for Project: Jen.

A friend of mine does webpages for P3,000 minimum, and he does it pretty well. He has been hired by several departments in the Ateneo to do their department websites.

Many fear that I might grow up penniless in the future because I just love helping out for free. True friends of mine know that, and those who don't know me bring me down with heartless comments like, "He thinks he's God who can save everyone."

But, I don't regret it.

---

And Houston has better chances against the Lakers instead of the Kings. 'Nuff said.

---

Moments of the day...

1) While doing Jen's EP in the Placement office, Thea says in reference to Jen and I, "Kayo ba?" to which we responded "No!"

2) Birthday ni Ate April! Free ice cream and cake sa placement office!

3) Placement reps request Jen for a sample of her singing. And she sung live, and was showered with compliments, ala American Idol.

No comments: