December 15, 2003

Monster Reborn

Man... too much Yu-gi-oh playing, I named the topic after a spell card.

A ritual topic of mine --- billiards. YEAH! The streak still goes on. It was a race to six. Even though we employed an alternate break system, I managed to string four straight racks. Migs got the fifth rack due to my carelessness --- missing the nine-ball completely giving him the easy ball-in-hand victory. We alternated wins in the next two racks bringing the score 5-2. In the eighth rack, after breaks and a few failed attempts at the one ball, the nine-ball went near the top right corner. It was Migs' turn, but he had no clear shot at the one. He didn't want to risk missing the ball and giving me ball-in-hand for a 1-9 combination so he purposely pocketed the nine to reset its position (a trick he learned from me.) Naturally, I had ball-in-hand. Being Earl that I am, even though it was difficult, I still tried a one-nine combination. I was planning to hit the nine in the top left corner pocket due to the fact that the one ball was in the right side of the nine ball. I missed wide, but fortunately, it hit the left side of the nine ball, cut thinly, and exactly pocketed the nine in the top right corner pocket. Like what Earl did in the World Pool Championship against Django, I stood on the billiard table shouting the infamous but emphatic, "Yeah!". The monster was reborn once more. (I wonder how Filipinos would react if I (if I manage to learn all the skills needed) ever turn pro when I act like Earl Strickland?)

The rebirth continues... My muse and I have reunited once more. My writing prowess is reborn and now, we are currently bearing two children, two fictional stories. Hopefully, at least one of them is born before Wednesday (deadline for Heights contributions.)

The interview for that position in the Placement Office, I think, went pretty well. Although the interviewer noticed that I was a bit nervous, I believe it went well considering that I didn't feel bad afterwards. I hope I pass this phase one of this three part test. Jen (She went after me), I believe, did real well --- at least from an eavesdropper's standpoint.

I just saw the final, edited video of the acting thing I did for my Comm friends. It was pretty good considering the major overhaul they needed to do due to technical problems. It wasn't the best --- but I'm still proud of it. I showed it to Jen, Mia, Karla, and a few friends in my Fiction class.

So people, when one obstacle comes your way, don't let it put you down too much (--that you commit suicide in front of your boyfriend's house). There will be days like this when everything seems to go your way. And one day like this is far more better than all those bad days combined.

Music:
Mandy Moore - Turn the Clock Around
Mood:
Successful

No comments: