October 29, 2004

pushyo pushyo - nang nak & other incomprehensible stuff

If my memory serves me correctly...
TH 151 - Catholic Commitment of Today's Filipino (MWF 0930-1030, Rosana)
POS 100 - Politics and Governance (MWF 1130-1230, Oreta)
FA 199 - Practicum II (TTH 0900-1030, Bolipata-Santos)
PH 104 - Foundations of Moral Value (TTH 1030-1200, Hermida)
FA 175.4 - Introduction to Painting (T 1330-1630, Dy)

Despite my random number, I managed to tweak my schedule in order to attain something that I've never or rarely experienced throughout my class.

1. No night class
2. No Saturday class
3. MWF only up to 12:30

And I've managed to avoid the known "leftover teachers". The unknown, I don't know.

Nang Nak
No, I have not watched Nang Nak. However, the title of the movie has become a jargon word amongst us. Nang Nak can mean sppoky, freaky, bad luck or almost anything negative. We then searched for its meaning hoping that it would mean something frightening, but we were disappointed. It turns out that "Nang Nak" was only a name of a person. Nak is the name, Nang is a term used to respect women. Translated to english, the title would be "Miss Nak." It's amazing how the Filipino language could have two similar terms --- Manang & Inang.

Pushyo Pushyo! (Can somebody Korean translate that?)
I played one-on-one basketball with Migs in Ayala Heights. We were surprised that we managed to score almost every single time now compared to the last time we "battled" each other. In his house, we toyed around with their organ, playing Depeche Mode's "Just Can't Get Enough", the Bodies in Motion and Iron Chef theme using similar instruments. Looking back at Migs' creative graduation pic, he does look like a member of H.O.T. (Korean boy group) sans the extreme highlights. Star talk, romance edition.

No comments: