When I woke up yesterday, I had a headache much like a car would have being crushed by a compactor, a fever like a pandesal off the oven, a cold that flowed like a waterfall, and a cough that echoed several times in the span of a minute.
Yet, I forced myself up, like a battle-torn warrior would just to attain victory. I trudged through my three classes for the day, and was unlucky to face a graded recitation in Theology. I couldn't think straight, couldn't fight back, only forced to defend with a travel pack of tissues in hand.
I couldn't miss Supermarket, the talk about Marketing and Sales I was preparing for the last two weeks, the baby I took care of even at the expense of my sleep, the lover I went with each hour of the day and cancelled other scheduled activities just to be with her.
And she didn't fail me.
The audience came like a raging river filling up every space possible, overflowing the Escaler Hall quickly. The Glee Club calmed everyone with their voices, and the four invited speakers became number one hits in everyone's charts. Sure, there were a lot of freebies like bars of Nestle Crunch and Kit-Kat, cans of Gilette shaving cream, Fita biscuits, packs of hair gel and other stuff, but it was through the words of the speakers that turned the "I was forced to come here by my teacher" attitude into a "Wow, I do not regret coming here." Only true artistes of the spoken word could turn a college student's mind around.
Many commented that it was one of the best talks the Placement Office has ever had.
Thanks, Team 1. Together, we made this one super. I can't wait to work on our next talk five weeks from now.
No comments:
Post a Comment