July 10, 2004

The Fork in the Road

Throughout my stay in college, I've used two strengths in my life namely writing and computer designing.

This morning, a few events occurred that placed me back in the fork of the road I thought I already passed by. Apparently, I was going around in a circle.

Saturday Events:
  • My story proposal was rejected in my Filipino Creative Writing class. I have to revise it further.
  • I've seen the finished Mario tarps along EDSA walks, and the Mario flash ad in the Ateneo Placement Website. They looked amazing, too good to be true.
  • Teef told me that I should become the IT chair in the Placement Office next semester.

    Now, I'm beginning to doubt again if I am in the right course. I know that this is a bad time for it to happen since I'm already in my senior year and the head of the Fine Arts Festival, but my work in computers seems to be more appreciated and used.

    Appreciation in IT
  • Became the AVP for Website design in COSA for two years
  • Designed three websites - Jen Someone's Official Website, SOH Thesis Primer, AteneoCOSA official site, and more upcoming (Arete, Parada, co-designer of Placement Website, etc.)
  • Most, if not all, appearances of Super Mario for the next week in e-mails, tarps, flyers, and advertisements.
  • In all groupworks, I always handled the computer aspect.
  • "[I've] set the bar", "It's going to be hard to top", comments I've heard quite a number of times already in the Placement Office.

    Appreciation in writing
  • Sir John Labella liked my essay, "Watching Cherry Blossoms."
  • Sir Vince Serrano liked my short story, "Seven Days."
  • Ma-anne Escobar's testimonial in my Friendster account.

    I hope to resolve this as soon as possible.

    ---

    I hope that this does not become my other dilemma, another fork, I've been avoiding to face. I like this girl, but I fear rejection and I think I still like my "ex". In a world where it is conditioned for men to make the first move, I'm having a hard time deciding.
  • No comments: