MWF 2:30-4:30. Two classes back to back.
However, when I tried to go to my 3:30 pm class in SEC C, I was met with a torrent of raindrops and a raging murky river in the Faura driveway. Seeing that all roads leading to SEC were flooded and being the "I don't want to cut" person, I took out my F4 umbrella (Thanks Jen!) and trudged first towards the Placement Office to drop off my laptop (I don't want to get my baby wet.)
Afterwards, I began working my way to SEC. I plodded through so many rivers and ended up gaining twenty pounds of weight when I reached the complex. I waded through the crowds and climbed up the "raining" stairway, and when I opened the door...
Sir wasn't around. Galing.
So I ended up playing bridge while I waited for the rains to weaken. Sure, we won like 3 games out of 7, but we won big, 3 diamonds in two rounds, even if my partner didn't know how to count points, and one of our opponents was a master.
I went to the Advertising Career Options talk in SS AVR. Now, it was team 2's turn to handle things. However, due to the rains, traffic was rampant, three speakers were missing, and us non-team 2 members decided to assist them in any way possible. At least, it ended in a happy note. We got freebies from Nestle once more courtesy of Sir Benjie. Galing pa rin kumanta ni Den Decena!
Now due to the rains, I left Ateneo at around 8:40 pm. Consider this, I live around 15 minutes away from Ateneo. What time did I get home? 1:30 am! What the heck?? I was forced to cut my Saturday class due to this. I was freezing all over since I was drenched in rainwater, and got stuck in two venues with air conditioners. I lacked sleep, preparations for the quiz, health and requirements.
Not a nice combination for a class.
And it hurts my ego to see me cut more times this semester than the past three years combined.
What's more, these are forced cuts. I'm powerless when nature, or other teachers hold the aces, just like bridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment