This is what people shouted in Araneta this evening.
I just got back from the Mandy Moore concert in Araneta. I loved every second of the Mandy Concert except the opening acts of Arnee & Jay-Arr, and the Penshoppe modeling segment.
Mandy Moore sang songs mostly from her new album, "Coverage" which I believe, was a shock to the Filipino audience in attendance. The crowd was silent when she sang these new songs. The album was just released so the people didn't really know the lyrics to the songs.
However, I, being the ever Mandy loyalist, knew. Senses Working Overtime, Can We Still Be Friends, I Feel the Earth Move, Drop the Pilot, Moonshadow, One Way or Another & Have A Little Faith in Me were sung with such compassion and energy that the audience couldn't help but appreciate these (yet) "virtually unknown" songs of hers.
Of course, she noticed this silence in the crowd when she sang her Coverage songs. She went back to "I Wanna Be With You". Plus, in the middle of her performance, she recalled how popular "A Walk to Remember" was in the Philippines and sang the immortal tune, "Only Hope". People were singing along. You could just see the unity amongst all the people there.
She ended with the song, "One Way or Another." Afterwards, when she and her band went backstage, the crowd chanted, "We Want More!" over and over. Mandy and her band, fulfilling the audience's request, went on and sang "Cry", a fitting ending to the entire performance. Everyone was singing their hearts out, almost brought everyone to shed a tear of happiness.
She came out one last time to accept flowers and gifts from the promoters. The crowd chanted "We Want More!" once more. She smiled widely at the crowd and gestured that she couldn't do any more. She greatly appreciated the crowd that evening.
Why didn't I get any backstage pass or something?
In other news, since Mia left when the score was 3-all, yours truly ran out the next 3 racks to win the billiards game against Migs, 6-3. Weird.
Music: | Mandy Moore - Senses Working Overtime | Mood: | Happy & Contented |
No comments:
Post a Comment