November 10, 2003

10 things I learned last Friday

1. OPPOSING ENTITIES REPEL - Dark or light side. The rule of magnetism doesn't (usually) apply to humans. I look at them with a smile, they turn their heads away as if they didn't see me. I pity them.

2. THERE IS ALWAYS ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT - Even though I still like the first-come, first-served stub method, the random number procedure for registration was quite efficient compared to the previous years they've enforced it. Random number is a good system perhaps, but IMPLEMENTATION killed it back then. I still remember the time when it was still number 95 in the Humanities school (after three hours), whileas the other schools were already in the 200's. Plus, all those lost majors I should've had. Now, if we could just do something about those election registration procedures...

3. WOMEN ARE CHARMERS AND MAGICIANS - When they start looking at you with their puppy eyes (and even acting like a puppy) and flash their smiles, it is just difficult to say no. Say, for instance, Jen asking me to go with her to YOF. She also made sure that I won't have any escape route by conjuring up anything against every excuse I had. (Don't worry, I wanted to go anyway. It's always the transpo problem that plagues me.)

4. LAUGHTER IS A GREAT ICEBREAKER - Ok, so I said yes to Jen. However, we needed to wait for her ride to bring us to Galleria. What to do? Laughtrip! Pageants, Michael Jackson, old Erap Jokes and more which brings me to...

5. THE PAST WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU - Never tell anyone (especially girls) something silly or stupid even for a joke (like wearing a corset to hide your flab). It will come back to haunt you over and over.

6. WHEN YOU LIKE SOMETHING/SOMEONE, IT WILL REMIND YOU OF ITS PRESENCE - I was wearing my Penshoppe shirt that day. Probably, it invoked Mandy Moore to follow me on different radios in different places that day as if saying that I must go to her concert either or both on the 20th/21th. Can We Still Be Friends, Have A Little Faith in Me and Cry were running through my head after those times.

7. THERE IS ALWAYS A LIMIT TO EVERYTHING - My stomach must've gone small. I can't finish a rice meal, a medium cup of iced tea and two slices of pizza (double size) from Greenwich. I don't like to waste food, but I just can't finish that last slice of pizza.

8. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW EVERYTHING, BUT IT MUSTN'T STOP YOU FROM LEARNING NEW THINGS - YOF started, and I didn't have any clue what to expect or do. Just go with the flow. I told Jen that it wasn't my cup of tea, but it's probably due to my greenness in that field of born again service. Fine Arts student here, willing to experience anything.

9. IT'S A SMALL WORLD - To go home, I hitched a ride with Colynn. We lived in the same village, just near my street. Along the way, I found out that she too was a COSA member, and that Ting shared the same abhorrence I had towards that certain someone who was my VP back then in COSA. Ting knew Lester, my current VP. Apparently, Lester recommended someone to her to make the JAAP webpage, whom Ting says was me (I never knew that).

10. YOU ALWAYS HAVE FRIENDS WHO CARE FOR YOU - The next day, Jen texted me: "hey miloü i just hope sumday ul xperience wat i xperiencd.dats my bgest wish dat people i care abt wud cm 2 c d beauty He has 4 dmü thank u 4 cming my frendü" She's so sweet. Jen, if you can read this, thanks to you and for the experience. I also want to thank Mia, Pau, Colynn, Joe, and all the new friends I met that day.

Gonna watch Eternity: A Chinese Ghost Story today...

Music:
Mandy Moore - Have a Little Faith in Me
Mood:
A strange mixture of confused, happiness and awe

No comments: