Hmmmm... practice of course!
I played 9-ball with my dad earlier. Boy, I really needed the practice as we banged that two ball around the table for like twenty minutes in the first rack. Of course, things started to pick up as the game progressed.
I didn't release the Earl attitude during the game. Or maybe a little... with the fist pumping gestures.
Luckily, I managed to replicate the games Migs and I had for the last 5 months. I got the V, 5-1. Will I be able to replicate it tomorrow? I hope so.
===filmfest===
I watched two filmfest movies during the Christmas break, namely the best picture Crying Ladies, and the second best picture Mano Po 2.
I believe that many people wouldn't agree that Crying Ladies should have won the best picture. And I believed that to a certain extent when I watched Mano Po 2 (way better than the first).
Mano Po 2 outclassed Crying Ladies in terms of story. Crying Ladies didn't have much of a story, just three sub-stories with little emotion entertwined in a basic main story of being "crying ladies" to a Chinese funeral. I didn't feel anything, either laughter or sadness, after watching the movie. MP2, on the other hand, had a main powerful emotion-driven story as a backbone accompanied with flashbacks to make the main story clearer.
But other than that, I believe Crying Ladies got the award due to its lack of flaws, or at least, very minimal ones. Questions brought up like the burning house issue was quickly resolved a few minutes after. The semi-circular story of the shades was pretty smart. Plus, everyone who spoke Chinese in the film spoke it clearly, fluently and with the right accent. Yes, even Eric Quizon spoke his lines like he was a true Chinese who hated the fact that he was Chinese. I just didn't like the product plugs in the movie ---> sponsor kasi. They got their tagline "a heartwarming comedy" semi-right... can't find the heartwarming there.
Mano Po 2... I still couldn't resolve the driver's reaction to Christopher de Leon's (his amo) death. I was shouting like, "Don't just stand there! Bring him to the hospital!" Yet, there he was beside the open car, standing there, even listened first to his last words, stood there again, and then ran away (making it seem that the driver was part of the crime instead of a random acts of kidnapping). The Filipino actors' chinese was not as bad much like the first (it didn't sound Japanese like the first one) but wrong accents plagued their speech. The plot didn't resolve questions right away. Thirty minutes into the film, I wasn't still sure who was the mom of each kid. Bad casting also hit Mano Po 2. Who would believe that Alessandra de Rossi was part-Chinese when she in fact looks more Indian with her features and dark skin? And two authentic Chinese parents (real Chinese actor/actress) giving birth to a son who looks like Christopher de Leon (who looks Filipino and nothing like his parents)? Plus, and a big plus, the eyelids of Christopher de Leon moved in one scene where he was in the COFFIN! (it's a miracle!) They should change their title though. Pagmamano was only done, I think, once in the film.
Both films were cleanly made, no wild transitions or choppy scenes. CGI usage was well suited for both films respectively.
And probably, that is why Crying Ladies bagged Best Picture.
Music: | Stacie Orrico - I Promise | Mood: | Neutral |
No comments:
Post a Comment