January 14, 2004

Broken

Superstition or no superstition, a pre-game ritual sometimes makes wonders for an athlete's game.

In the NBA, many players have pre-game rituals, Amaré Stoudemire lifts weights just before the game and eats a good meal about 2 hours before the game. Ron Mercer reads the Bible before the game. Mike Bibby does everything from left to right: puts his shoes on from left to right, gets taped from left to right.

It's like shooting the free throw. You need to develop a certain rhythm in your system. In the NBA, Jason Kidd kisses the crowd, Karl Malone mutters stuff to himself, Jeff Hornacek wipes his cheek, Steve Nash licks his hand and brushes his hair and more.

And I believe I do have some too --- like my hard triple ball bounce in the free throw line.

Break a ritual, everything goes wrong. Much like what happened to me today.

My Wednesday ritual: Wake up at 7:30, watch and do Bodies and Motion, eat breakfast, take a bath and stuff, dress up, go to school around 10, grab a Milo Freezz at the caf, enjoy Joe's cell group, and enjoy Philosophy.

Unfortunately, that ritual got torn into pieces. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I arrived in school today at 6:00 am. That means, cancel the Bodies in Motion thing. (1) And I realize I forgot my ID, so I went back home to get it. I got back in Ateneo at around 9:00. I went to the restrooms to fix my hair, (2) then there I found out that my comb went missing. Then, I got my usual Milo Freezz at the caf. I went up Caf Up near 10:30 to have cell group. Unfortunately, due to lack of people, Joe cancelled the cell group. I ate lunch, and after that, (3) I accidentally ingested three stuck Listerine Pocket Pak strips at the same time. When I had my Philosophy class, (4) Jerome sat beside me (which is not his seat) and constantly annoyed me with redundant questions --- thus removing the joy in Philo. Probably, that is why I didn't feel playing billiards later on. Earl didn't show up. No Yeah's and Justices resounded in the place. (5) And for the very first time in months, exactly from July 24 2003, to January 14 2004, Migs defeated me in billiards, 5-3. Well, it had to happen someday.

Probably, this is what people call an off-night, or off-day in this case. Oh well, c'est la vie.

There is more to life than this...

Music:
Coca-Cola's New Commercial (Yes, I know it now, but I'm still slow.)
Mood:
Sleepy

No comments: