And it has been GREAT! I love handling stuff, doing things to help the companies & the placement office, meeting new friends and of course, the free food. Sure, it was tiring, and you were under the hot sun but when all the people surrounding you act like they were your brothers and sisters (in ABS-CBN's terms --- Kapamilya) then all those hours seemed like seconds. I'm just having fun!
I even spent more than 12 hours already in three days! One of my "bosses" even commented that she already got sick of seeing me there because she always sees me around. And I really was there most of the time. When you really love the job (and I don't even see it as a job -- more like hanging out with your barkada), you don't want to part with it.
It's similar to what I told someone in the entrance the reason why I looked so happy all the time --- "Pag pumasok sila sa Job Fair tapos hindi ka nakangiti, baka mawalan ng gana ang mga estudyanteng pumunta dito at mag-apply sa mga kompanya. At hindi natin iyon gusto di ba? At lalo na kung bad day sila, make at least this moment good for them."
Of course, those extra hours are not recorded. And I don't care if they are not recorded. That's not my goal.
I went to the 4:30 pm P&G seminar to fix the venue up, talk to the P&G people, do the techie stuff --- yes, I volunteered to help out.
Funny moment: I was asked by my senior compatriots what committee I signed up for. I said that I signed up for IT in my application form. She told me to go to Logistics because it suits my performance so far. Then I replied, "Don't worry, flexible naman si Milo." Those who heard me laughed, in a good way, a bit. One of them said that "speaking in the third-person ka pa." Fun moment, just wanted to share.
Aside from the technical difficulties in the beginning, everything turned out great to the point that the students were a bit dismayed when we had to end the seminar quickly because there was a class that was going to use the place.
And yes, I'm going to go all out tomorrow. Tomorrow's going to be my last "official" working day for the Job Fair as I didn't sign up for any shift on Friday. But who knows, if they need people, I might just show up.
Hope I pass this second stage of becoming a placement rep!
Music: | Alexia - Happy | Mood: | Happy |
No comments:
Post a Comment