Ok class, the word for today is onomatomania. It is an obsession with a particular word which the person uses repeatedly or which intrudes into consciousness. Much like a last song syndrome.
These past weeks, these ten words keep reverberating in my mind --- so don't be surprised when I suddenly blurt out any of these words at any time in whatever context.
1. Stacie Orrico --- so that's two words, in fact a name of a singer. Her first three singles off her self-titled sophomore album have been playing inside my head. Yes, I do have her album now. And I love it.
2. Palanca --- the writing contest I dream to win at least once. And I will. (not boasting here.)
3. Yeah! --- the daily Earl Strickland tribute.
4. Power --- Blame Michael Jackson's "Don't stop till you get enough"
(and I found a website containing misheard lyrics of this song --- and they're pretty funny)
Don't stop till you get enough
No wonder people think Jacko is wacko.
5. Moonshadow --- A Mandy Moore song from her album Coverage, and probably her next single off that album.
6. DL --- Dean's lister, every student's dream.
7. Surprising --- the first Penshoppe slogan when they used Mandy Moore as their model
8. Pabilis nang pabilis --- Part of the song in cute commercial by Coke where two girls are playing a game to see who gets the Coke.
9. Happenstance --- I don't know why.
10. Sims --- I just love creating skins for the Sims, a popular PC game. Want to be in the game friends?
Music: | Mandy Moore - Have a Little Faith in Me | Mood: | In Control and Loving It |
No comments:
Post a Comment