May 26, 2005

Dude, where's my head?

I've been taking a crash course on Microsoft Outlook and COBOL for the past few days now. My brain is overflowing with information that it just shut down in the afternoon. It took solace by watching all the episodes of Happy Tree Friends (crazy place for solace.)

I think I've experienced a minor "sickness" earlier. I believe it was too much "screen time". When I went off too lunch, the surroundings looked darker than usual. Considering that I've been still taking it easy, I wonder how I will survive the next three weeks when my extreme COBOL training starts. It is intimidating, considering that the current batch undergoing COBOL training now seemingly do not take lunch or kidney breaks. It really seems tough, and I hope I don't end up forsaking my health for this training soon.

Wow, one of my comrades at work automatically got called into a project earlier, and now will be working somewhere in Ortigas even if he didn't undergo that COBOL training. I applaud him. He probably has some prior experience that the company believed he was already fit to undertake a project. Hopefully, I'll get assigned soon even if it means moving to another building again.

We celebrated my Mom's birthday in Mcdonald's along with a number of my mom's friends. Although I looked like I just came from the City Hall, or running for a congressman position due to my barong, I am happy that I could still fit in a children's party. At least, I haven't lost my kiddie side yet, even if my lovable creative side took a backseat to make way for the left-brained stuff coming in.

Tomorrow's Friday, and after 5:30 pm, I could finally rest! :)

No comments: