Our household helpers had a day-off but they did not go back home early. My mother and youngest sister were cleaning the house, so that left Sel & I to do the cooking today. Although my cooking skills were not really that good (close to none, in fact, but I'm getting better), I managed to help out with the rice and all the needed knife cutting (my sis is afraid of knives). And after watching Iron Chef (who says this show is stupid?) and watching Sakai magically turn food into art, I was inspired to do create a masterpiece (Fine arts in food... interesting). I made a salad using lettuce, carrots and two different types of experimental thousand island dressing (one for decoration, one for dip.) Somehow, it looked so good that my family was, at first, hesitant to touch the food (or afraid that it might give them indigestion =p) --- I call this dish, Swan's Offering... (corny) --- see pic below to see before it was eaten.

Swan's Offering
I found out that I dropped to #9 in the NBA fantasy basketball game I'm playing after going up as hight as #6. I lack people who rack up assists and steals. I wanted to trade some players, but the other team never responded to my offer. Now, I'm trying to get Udonis Haslem and Rafer Alston in exchange for Latrell Sprewell, Bobby Jackson & Wally Sczerbiak.
No comments:
Post a Comment