February 12, 2004

For the past 10 days...

Plug: Visit our Basic Illustration as Visual Narrative exhibit: Feb. 17-20 at the 2nd floor of Rizal Library. Opening is on Feb. 17, 10:30-12:00 --- it would be nice if you could attend the opening as the artists and the mentor would be in attendance along with a few selected guests. Don't forget to sign in the guestbook!

I just passed by the Placement Office earlier and saw that I passed through the second screening. One more to go. And Jen, you passed too.

Whew, this was a whole week full of projects, and they are still ongoing. I hope I could finish them all in time, especially the final project for my Basic Graphic Design class so that I don't have to go to Ateneo on a Saturday.

Despite being busy throughout the past two weeks, I managed/will arrange to make time for other stuff: sleeping + dreaming!, going to cell meetings, will be attending the Heights Open Mic Poetry Reading this Friday, will be watching Enemy of the People (for free!), editing/retouching Karla & Tia's posters, fixing my Palanca stuff and some other things. [I'm strong, I'll manage] I hope I could make time to attend Jen's gig though.

--------

Feb. 14 is approaching, and this is the first time in my almost three years in college that I'll be hitting the books and finishing projects on this day. Looking back, Feb. 14, 2002 was a disaster [strange day in Shakey's, never double-date], 2003 was like wow [even though it wasn't a formal date due to class activities (we had a play to watch in the evening), at least there was someone to spend that day with, with all the roses and candy around]. This year, it is the middle of those two binary opposites.

And I'm glad I've been on the both sides of the bridge. I'm content being single now, but I do not renounce love like others do; I still want to have that special someone in my life; I still have that longing inside me.

Sure, love can be painful at times, has a lot of risks, and sometimes you wish that love could be handed to you on a silver platter but hey, that's part of the challenge. And, if you two are successful in making that loving relationship blossom, those obstacles won't matter much at all. Probably, that's why we were made to be sociable people, that it would be more difficult for us to live alone.

***
Philios, Storge, Eros, Agape, the 4 kinds of love Greeks believe exist. Psychologists add even more kinds.

Living in the vicinity of Philios (friendship) too much, or even Storge (natural family bond) sometimes could be lonely.

Philios, Storge, Eros, Agape, 4 kinds of love, and they could co-exist at the same time.

Music:
Mandy Moore - Stupid Cupid
Mood:
Tired

No comments: