September 14, 2003

And the winds have passed by...

I just got home from the amazing, one-of-a-kind "The Event." I'm so glad that I made it there in one piece after what happened.

We spent three hours, twenty-two minutes, forty-five seconds lining up and waiting for the show to start. Everything went fine. There was a line that stretched around four corners of the area. However, when the police removed their "strict" rules, everyone started rushing forward not minding the people around them. Luckily, my sis, Migs and I kept close together and never lost sight of each other. I felt pity on the small kid who got squashed in between those big adults that kept on pushing from behind.

They oversold the tickets. That's the main reason of the ruckus.

We were drenched in rain, our bodies aching from the shoving and throwing our weight around just to keep us intact.

However, we didn't care. The concert was so good.

Nina, Kyla and Bituin opened the act with their own rendition of Beyonce's "Crazy in Love." I was shouting to let Vanness rap. However, they omitted that part of the song. Then came South Border who sang a couple of rap songs like Eminem's Lose Yourself. Back to Nina and Kyla where they sang their hit singles. The Company did their rendition of "Independent Women" and "Survivor", both by Destiny's Child. Gary V performed next. He performed around 5 numbers (including Hataw Na & I Will Be Here) and managed to keep the crowd down -- which was great of him because the pushing mellowed down after he did that.

As soon as the ASOS stepped out of the backstage, the crowd went wild. AND THE RAINS STOPPED. They performed three songs, 2 from their album (including their mellow song Ai Bu Chi Jiu) and Qing Fei Da Yi (Barbie sung almost everything). Barbie and Dee were sooooo cute, we felt like they were in their pre-teens by the way they acted on stage. It was like watching a kiddie Chinese variety show.

"Is Barbie beautiful?" --- Dee asked the crowd. :)

Next came Vanness, who performed three songs including Looking For Juliet (he threw his white cap to the audience -- Whoever got that was sure lucky), Body Will Sing (I think he threw a wristband here) and You as a Friend. He was really cool, and even said "Mahal Kita!" in his accent. He really is a great dancer. I love my binoculars for making him seem close to where I'm standing. (Yes, we stood the entire show)

Ken came next and performed three numbers (Here We Are [you should've heard the people scream their lungs out when they saw Ken bringing out his guitar], an 80's number and "Inside my Guitar".) I was waiting for him to sing "Show Me Your Love", but he didn't. Oh well. He still looks the same like we see on television. And he also attempted to say that same Filipino phrase Vanness said earlier. Fun!

Ken then called out Vanness again and performed a duet. I forgot the title of the song, but it was in the Fantasy Forever album. They should've sang "Season of Fireworks" as fireworks kept exploding onstage and in the sky.

They never did an encore.... safety first!

Gary V and the rest of the Filipino artists capped the entire event with the song "Celebration".

Everyone was singing to the F4 songs, even Barbie's rendition of "Qing Fei Da Yi". I'm sure we made a very positive impression on our Taiwanese guests. Vanness even commented that for a non-Chinese speaking community, he was surprised that the crowd knew the lyrics of their songs.

I LOVED THE EVENT. Never mind the pain and the rain, or anyone who threw me down the 8th level of hell, this event was really swell. A night to remember.

Tia, wish you were there.

Music:
Ken Zhu - Here We Are
Mood:
Tired but Happy!

No comments: