March 12, 2006

Less than a week to go

I will participate in a bowling tournament, 8am - 12nn at the Makati Cinema Square. If you want to watch, come along.

Originally, I didn't plan to join, but a project-mate needed members, and he asked me so I accepted the invitation.

After the last tournament, it's been more than 3 weeks since I last held a bowling ball and played again. So here I am, back to the alleys again. I played earlier with my parents in Sta. Lucia Mall. It was my first and probably only practice for my upcoming game this Saturday.

It is interesting though how my game seemed to have improved after having my own ball.

[b]Pre-ball[/b]
1/14: 126, 135, 110
1/21: 124, 116, 93, 124
1/28: 105, 102, 115, 131, 91, 143
2/11: 133, 101, 116
Average: 116.56 out of 16 games (near my high average 105-115)

[b]Post-Ball[/b]
2/13: 82, 158
2/17: 140, 121
3/12: 126, 181, 124
Average: 133.14 out of 7 games

Sure, it's still a long way to go before I reach the 16 games during the pre-ball period, but I think I can still top the previous average, and I'm getting better. Probably, I now average around 120-130.

Except for the 82 I had when I first used the ball, everything else has topped my average of 105-115. And yes, you read that right. I got a 181 earlier. It was my highest score ever, and it was the first time I got a turkey (That's three strikes in a row if you don't know). I should've gotten a 200+ for that, but I missed the remaining pin in my last frame. However, it's still 181, and if I do that kind of performance in the tournament, wow, I'd probably be getting prizes for being the top scorer for the week. We are not professional bowlers anyway, and no one averages a 200.

So good luck to me, my team, and hope we make it to the next rounds, and possibly the championship!

No comments: