March 18, 2006

ACN Bowling Tourney 1st Week: First day Jitters

Frustration set in as I seemingly couldn't get the lanes correctly. Instead of the average of 110-120, in my first two games, I scored an 108 and 99 respectively. This isn't me. My bowling average says so.

The third game almost went that path too. If it weren't for the three consecutive strikes (Yes, a turkey! Oohh, minor prize for me!) in the 10th frame, my score would've barely grazed the 100 mark again. I ended with a 141 for the third game. My final game for week one had me scoring 136.

We won the first game, lost the next two, and won the final one in a catch-up style. The final game had us down by around 30-40 pins in the eighth frame due to their extremely large handicap (they should fix mine, they gave me a handicap that screams "I average a 150!" ). We fought back with closed frames, and I got a strike at the 10th frame. This caused a close fight with the opponent leading by a mere 5 pins on the last frame of our final bowler. He did one better, and scored a spare 7.

We almost won the third game too if our final bowler had made the spare-6. Unfortunately, he left it open.

But it was a good first week for our team, and for me. I look forward to next week since I seemingly have gotten hold of the lane. I am expecting to have better and higher scores come next Saturday.

===============
Talk about close :)

The other two teams in our division were really duking out in their last game. A real close, so close that it came to one final frame with one remaining player left, score tied.

No comments: