December 17, 2005

I could add another B in sports that I play

Yes, I couldn't hit anything for the first hour. But after that, I was smashing, dropping shots and returning almost everything like I played a thousand times before.

My batchmates here in Accenture wanted another reunion, and they chose to play badminton this time on a weekend. Sadly, only a few people came unlike the last time where we had dinner in Max's in Glorietta 2.

It was my first time to hold a badminton racket, well, in a real game at least. During the first hour, I didn't even know what the rules of badminton are, more so what the stances are, the proper way to serve and anything. I never found badminton to be interesting before until now.

At first, we were only three, so we played two against one. Guess the fastest way I could learn a sport is to play against better athletes just like table tennis during second year college.

After those trial and errors in fixing my stance, the way I hold the racket and timing, could you say "Most Improved?" We played two and a half hours of badminton competitively, and each set went as close as it could be except for the last one when fatigue started to set in.

Maybe, I could compete in badminton in the next project competition here. I'm not even sure if I want to compete in basketball here anymore since I got benched most of the time. How could you show what you can do when you play only five minutes? I want to smack them with my gold medal in IAC. At least we got second place.

We played an hour of billiards afterwards, and ate lunch at Mr. Choi's in Robinson's Pioneer. We plan to make this badminton a monthly thing, so that's something to look forward to.

Sports (in order of learning): Basketball, Bowling, Tennis, Billiards, Table Tennis, Badminton. [not yet at SEA games level though]

No comments: