December 16, 2005

A few updates

Wow, it's been quite a while since I've updated this blog. I've been very busy with work nowadays. I miss my academic freedom.

So what's up with me?

1. My team lost on the finals in basketball here in our project in Accenture. The other team was more superior "athletically" and we couldn't stop their plays. In addition, we also beat ourselves. We had several unforced turnovers, and we seemingly couldn't hit for shit© anywhere. The ball just wasn't rolling inside the basket.

2. Shucks, because the basketball lasted past 11 pm, I decided not to go to my team's Christmas party in Redbox Greenbelt 3 even if I gave my word that I'll catch up. I calculated that I wouldn't reach there in time to do anything, and the party was scheduled only up to 12 midnight. Oh well.

3. I couldn't say that I love my work thoroughly, but it has grown on me. I thought a fine arts student couldn't compete here in the corporate world, but this company really does a splendid job in taking care of their employees. The people around here are very nice, and we even have our own respective career counselors. Sure there are a lot of times I log in overtime hours, but all the positives seem to outweigh the negatives for now.

4. It was nice meeting my high school classmates last November 19, 2005 again. The J bond never dies. Most of us looked the same while others had new haircuts and body structures (Grabe, si Andrei, payat na!)

5. I'm planning to see the WWE Live RAW tour here in Manila on February. If you want to tag along, let's get those tickets already and enjoy the show with John Cena and company.

6. I'm redesigning this blog over Christmas, and hopefully, I'll update more frequently come next year.

No comments: