We felt like Jack in the land of the giants. Almost everyone in the opposing team was taller than all of the members in our team. We got outrebounded throughout the game. However, just like before, defense was the key to victory. The game was raining fouls on both sides, but it didn't get really dirty. It was just intense D. =)
I still can't make a shot. I've attempted thrice, 2 from the outside. All were close, but just rattled out. I still can't believe I did a Chris Tiu on a lay-up. My sister said that it was because I was sporting a headband.
But I did get a steal, a rebound and managed to assist three times. I now have 8 assists in 2 games. I'm turning into a point guard! Noooooo! :) I guess this shows my nature to "assist". Everyone was supportive. I heard them repeatedly saying in the sidelines, "Milo, ok lang yan. Good job!" everytime I missed a shot. I play a bit emotionally, reacting to every missed or made shot I took. All J peeps were doing this "encouraging" act to every team member in the game. Everyone was giving tips, helping each other improve aspects in their game. And when one of us "graduated", everyone was still light-hearted, even toying and "celebrating" his graduation.
It won't net me the Defensive player of the year, but every little thing helps.
My thumb still hurts. It got jammed earlier due to a hard pass, but it won't affect my game... I think.
This team, born not to win, but just to enjoy and build upon the memories of high school, have managed to overcome the odds. We are small, a "ungelled" team, no star players, no varsities, no experience, just a team slapped together like a quick sandwich for five-minute breaks, but now are leading the division, 2-0.
Besides the team, there were five more J boys that came along to watch the game. I'm proud of the J spirit.
And I got to hang around with some Placement Reps after the game.
Loved this day, even if I couldn't resolve all the problems Team 2, the "baby of the Placement Office" according to Antonn, was having earlier.
*giddy*
---
| Which poem are you? The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S. Eliot God, you're indecisive. You're not that great, but you don't know if you want to accept that. You appreciate beauty and observe things others may not, but you're also hopelessly impaled on your own foolish romanticism. Go you. |
| Click Here to Take This Quiz Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests. |

No comments:
Post a Comment