May 11, 2006

Enjoyable Sitti'g

No wonder this album reached the top of the Tower Records charts and very popular amongst the yuppie crowd.

I bought a copy of Sitti's Cafe Bossa Album last May 9th in Music One Greenbelt and listened to it right away in the office. Since then, I have it on loop in my music player.

I do not think that there are any original songs here in this album, but one cannot dismiss it as a cheap knockoff compilation where the artist is using mainstream songs to garner publicity. By the way she sings it all so smoothly, like every note falls into the exact place in the greater scheme of the song, it sounds like she was the one who first sang all these songs. It sounds like she owns the songs. Her renditions of pop hits Tattooed on my Mind, I Didn't Know I was Looking for Love, and Lost in Space would make you even wonder why the original arrangements were not in bossa nova.

It's a very relaxing album, perfect for listening during a hectic day of work or while on vacation. Listening to the album is more effective in relaxing your mind than drinking four gallons of One Ice Tea (One Ice Tea's label: Soothe your body, relax your mind with One Green Tea. And feel the calmness and comfort just washing all the stress away) or relaxing on a recliner watching TV.

No comments: