
This time around, it was a convincing win.
Being the only team garnering a perfect score and also logging in the fastest time, team /\/\1L0 3\/3r'/D4'/! managed to win its second pizza in a weekly quiz game.
This week's quiz was all about guessing the words patterned inside a crossword with an overabundance of clues. Coming from a fine arts background with four years of creative writing under his belt and a love for crossword puzzles (he also makes some himself), team lead and only team member, Milo, felt that he had the advantage for this week.
"Once I saw the quiz, my eyes sparkled and I started to work on the puzzle in haste." Milo said. "I did have a hard time though in the early stages of the quiz as there were more clues than answers."
Whoever knew that a little blue dog would be the key to unlocking the entire puzzle.
"A few months ago, my sister and I came across Nickelodeon while we were surfing channels. They were showing Blue's Clues and they were teaching them color combinations." Milo explained. "To think this was a show made for kids, they were teaching pretty hard stuff. I didn't even know the word 'chartreuse' before the show."
When he saw the clue "Color that is primarily green but has hints of yellow", the word appeared immediately on his mind, and saw that it fit the puzzle. Every word in the puzzle fell into place stemming from the word chartreuse afterwards.
This marks Milo's second first-place win. He has a record of 2 first-place wins, and 1 runner-up. He hopes to be the first team to enter the hall of fame by winning twice in a row.
"After the hall of fame, I'm not sure where to go next. Maybe, I'll join a team with members now, or people would come and form my team."
No comments:
Post a Comment