This isn't the way to end a spirited run in the bowling tournament. Our team got booted out of the tournament in the first round.
Choke the chicken
I only managed to squeak in a 103 in this round. A far cry from my 120 average, and my 133 average for the tournament. We only lost by a measly 4 pins, and I totally blame myself for that loss. I was regarded as the second-best player in my squad, and I dragged them all down. In that round, I was the lowest among all the players we've fielded in. The pressure got to me so bad that I was missing all the easy shots that I used to make during the regular games.
And then they come
Since we were booted early, our team had four extra games which we can play around with. I only played in two games due to my disappointment with the earlier results, and I produced a 150 and a 173 in these "no-pressure" games that you wouldn't believe that I'm capable of throwing a 103 like what I did in the first round. Now that I've found my weakness, this is something I should work on for future bowling tournaments.
My secret weapon
The games had no bearing to our overall standing in the tournament, so I decided to play around and practice my secret weapon that I will unleash in the future. However, it is still inconsistent that I decided to not use this during the tournament. Yes, I made balls go down the gutter during the practice, but I've increased its success rate to about 50% now. When done correctly, it more or less produces a strike. My captain told me to develop that technique because it will be a very potent weapon if I master it.
Hopefully, I can throw it perfectly when another tournament comes my way. I'm aiming a 150 and up average from now on since my past games have proven that I can indeed do it with the straight ball. With the addition of this new technique, it maybe reachable sooner than I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment